Friday, November 09, 2007

The Hey ! Gorgeous Bikini Stripping Saga ...

8 November 2007

Did anyone watch Monday's Episode of Hey ! Gorgeous and buy the Shin Min Daily News Newspaper yesterday ? What the show did made it to the front page of Wednesday's Edition of the popular Chinese Evening Newspaper and I fully agree with the report ...

You see , Hey ! Gorgeous is a beauty cum talent search competition around Singapore's most popular campuses ranging from JC to Poly , looking for the most handsome looking hunks and beauties in the schools . So , if that's the case , I totally cannot understand what's their intention of coming up with such a competition format as seen on Monday's Episode ?

The 1st Semifinal Round saw the five guys and five girls having to go through three rounds of competition : 1st - Answer the question round that test on their general knowledge . The second and third round , I personally feel has totally got nothing to do with the aim of this competition at all !

The second round saw the girls and guys being paired up ( from the same school ) to go round the beach looking for girls wearing sexy bikinis and having to ask them to take them off their bodies and later was to have the guys contestants wear them ! The third round saw them scaling heights and do balancing act and climbing a high tower ( something really high ) ! What's their rationale ? If u are feeling as puzzled as me , don't worry ! U have me with u !

I mean , that second round was totally meaningless and totally absurd - absolutely rubbish ! What were they trying to test the contestants ? What was the aim ? And bearing in mind that this was shown on Primetime where the whole family may watch ( and that include minor and those under 18 or 21 years of age ) !

Honestly , if u were to ask me what the aim and motive was , first , I think it has got to do with the show's ratings ! Simply said ... It's just to increase and boost the show's ratings ! Secondly , I think it's also just to show how easily bikinis can be taken off or how bikinis is different from Bras - It's perfectly OK to take off Bikinis but not Bras ! ( pardon me if u think I am er ... a bit dirty minded ! ) U see , the short time it took for the girls to take off their bikinis ! If it were Bras and not Bikinis , I think surely no one will go and ask them to take them off ! But since it is Bikinis then ...

Also , sure , it may be out of pure fun and entertainment , and u may say that Singapore is becoming much more open now , so the people's thinking will also be the same - more opened minded now and less conservative than as compared to last time ! And that they should be able to accept this sort of thing !

Whatever reasons it may be , just spare a thought for those poor ' victims ' whose Bikinis were being taken or stripped from them ! Well , it may only be a Bikini , but it's no different from a bra ... It's like telling them to take off their bras , isn't it ladies ? They will feel insecure without any protection and their only last line of protection has already been taken away from them !

While the contestants and all are having so much fun with their Bikinis , do just spare a thought for these poor ladies ! They will feel utterly humilated and embarrassed ! Also , there is another factor of our good impression on others ... Considering that some of these being approached in the show happen to be Eurasians or tourists , what will they think of us and their opinions of us now ?

Then , later the guys were asked to wear on them the Bikinis and have guest star Vincent Ng judge which Bikinis is the sexiest ! What's this ? Totally absurd and rubbish !!! What are they trying to promote ? Cross Dressing ? Or bisexual ? Or .... What ? Oh , please .... ? This is what they get for reaching the Semifinal Round ?

I really have nothing to say - I am totally speechless at the moment except just to keep shaking my head in disgust and disappointment ! Four words to sum up the whole Episode : A Total Laughing Stock !

Don't u agree ?

2 comments:

mysteryblogger said...

What The Semi Final Round Could Have Been ...

This is what I will do if I were the production crew or the one asked to come up with the ideas !

I think the production crew or the people that came up with this idea did not take full advantage of the things that they already have ! The fact that they are already at the beach and with the girls already in their bikinis !

So , if I were the production crew , this is what I will do instead :

First Round : Yes , the answer the question round will stay ! As for the second round , I will have a mini- fashion show . The girls in their Bikinis , will be a model and do a catwalk in their Bikinis while the guys will also do a catwalk and show us what great body they have !

Then in the third round , I will have a sports round . The girls will be asked to play beach volleyball while the guys go for a swim and when the guys are done swimming , it's the girls turn to go swimming .

Both rounds aim to test , as well as express and show off the young youthful , vitality and sexy side of each of the contestants !

Isn't this much better ?

Anonymous said...

I really can't imagine myself having to do something like this on National TV ! As a guy , having to take off my swimming trunks , if approached and asked by the contestants ( see 2nd Semifinal Round ), I would feel so embarrassed !

I can't imagine what my friends and those who knows me plus those who recognise me will think of me when they saw me doing something like this on TV ! Seriously !

They would be thinking like ah ... for that period of time , u are actually wearing nothing underneath at all ? !!! Blush ! Blush !.... How embarrassing that would have been !