Saturday, March 21, 2009

改革版 I - 周刊 ' 抄袭 ' 优周刊 ? Revamped I - Weekly A ' CopyCat ' of U Weekly Magazine ?

16 March 2009

The new look & Revamped I - Weekly Magazine was launched with much fanfare over the weekend , with two Days of non - stop fun and entertainment in a MEGA Launch Party Roadshow held at Bugis Junction . Not only can the readers get to purchase the New - Look I - Weekly Magazine two Days in advance at the Event itself which came with a goodie bag , but they also get to see many Mediacorp Stars making their appearance at the two Days Launch Party Event !

The ' special ' and main selling point of this new - look I - Weekly Magazine is that now , it comes with an additional magazine but still at the same old price of $2 ! That is to say , from now onwards , readers will get two Magazines - the main I-周刊 & the additional I - 生活 all for the usual price of $2 !

  • What's Similar ?

Some people will definitely just can't help but have the feeling that this new move by Mediacorp seems to be a ' copycat ' to their ' rival ' magazine - U Weekly Magazine which was published by SPH . For it was just recently too - just two weeks ago to be exact that SPH U Weekly Magazine did a revamp of their own in a similar fashion .

As starting from two weeks ago , U Weekly Magazine also comes in two separate parts : It's main Magazine
优周刊 & an additional ' 加料版 ' all for the usual price of $2 !

  • What's Different ?

Though similar in idea & ' package ' , what's different between the two though , is that SPH U Weekly
' 加料版 ' will feature a special Theme each week in which they will focus & feature ( for example in last week Revamped first Edition - it feature on Private Invesigators how they work etc & this week it ran the story of how nine different people mircaulously came to life when they have already been pronounced dead ! ) while I Weekly Magazine I - 生活 will be more of a lifestyle Magazine for u - with lots of intro on food , music , entertainment , places to travel etc ...

So is it just pure concidence that Mediacorp business strategy & idea of the new look & revamp I - Weekly Magazine happen to be similar to that of SPH U - Weekly Magazine ? U decide ....


Dicussion Topic :

** Feel free to share your views & opinions on this topic with us here ! **


* EXTRA ! **


* I - Weekly Launch Party Roadshow Event Continues This Week ! This Weekend ( Saturday & Sunday : 21 March & 22 March 2009 there will be a two Days I - Weekly Roadshow Event @ AMK Hub ! More details in my next post ! *





No comments: